When your little one is to the stage eating finger foods by himself, remember to keep it healthy. There’s no reason to change the good habits that you’ve started this far. A great food is still sweet potato. You can easily bake one when it’s convenient for you and have it ready for meals.
- Wash the potato, leaving on the jackets.
- Poke holes randomly with a fork and do not wrap to allow the steam to escape. Otherwise you will have a mushy potato.
- Place in a pan to keep the sugars from dripping in your oven.
- Bake in a preheated 375° degrees 60-90 minutes, depending on the size of the potato. Don’t overcook so that it still remains slightly firm.
- Let the potato cool, then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Store halves covered in the refrigerator, then you’ll be able to cut nice pieces from the potato that little fingers can easily grab right when it’s time to eat.
Also, check out the recipe for the Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
Please share your thoughts and ideas.